China Visa Sample What kind of documents should I prepare when exiting China?
Answer: On departure from China, foreigners should exit with their valid passports; visa, credentials and other documents checked by the frontier inspection office and have their hand baggage examined by Chinese Customs. In addition, foreigners are required to fill in a Departure Card and a Custom declaration Form when leaving. Remember that you should exit the country within the valid and permitted duration of your (stay) visa. Those who hold other valid credentials for staying should exit the country within the period of validity prescribed on the credentials. If such credential-holders plan not to enter the countryagain, the credentials for staying in China will be revoked by the frontier inspection officer when exiting.
International Departures Am I allowed to take the things bought from China out?
Answer: Of course, if the things do not belong to the prohibited items and the amount you take is reasonable.
How much money can I take when exiting?
Answer: If the money does not exceed the amount you take in at the latest entry into China, the custom will let you go according to the record at the latest entry. If there isn’t the record, you should not take money more than USD10,000 or equivalent in any other currencies, need to declare if USD5,000 – 10,000 or equivalent in any other currencies with Foreign Currency Holding Permit issued by the bank. Customs clearance is for cash less than and including USD5,000 or equivalent in any other currencies.
What kinds of things are not allowed to be taken out of China when exiting?
Answer: Items prohibited from taking out of China
- Various weapons, simulated weapons, ammunition and explosive devices
- Forged (counterfeit) currency and forged (counterfeit) securities
3. Press items, roll film, photographs, phonograph disc, video disc, tape, video tape, laser video disc, laser audio disc, computer storage medium and other items that are harmful to the country’s politics, economy, culture, and social morals
- Various deadly poisons
- Addictive substances, including, opium, morphine, heroin, hemp, as well as other narcotics and psychotropic drugs
- Priceless relics and other museum pieces whose export is prohibited
- Endangered plants and their specimens, seeds, as well as the materials for reproduction
- Manuscript, roll film, photographs, phonograph disc, video disc, tape, video tape, laser video disc, laser audio disc, computer storage medium and other items related with the Official Secrets of the country
Who will be prohibited from exiting? Answer: 1. Defendants in criminal cases and suspects who are ratified by the Chinese public security organizations, the People’s Procuratorate or the People’s Court
- Those who are informed by the people’s court that their civil cases have not been brought to completion
- Those who have already violated Chinese law; whose behavior has not been dealt with, but is recognized by the legal authorities
- Those who hold invalid exit credentials, including forged, altered or another’s credentials
- Those who refuse the frontier inspection of China
- Those who do not exit through the appointed exit port
- Those who are considered to be carrying contraband goods
- Those who are forbidden to exit by the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of State Security of China